To apply to Dental Medicine program in Bulgaria, It is mandatory that the prospective applicants fulfil the following requirements:
- Have completed secondary education (hold a Diploma or secondary school leaving certificate) which enables them to continue their studies in higher institutions and universities in the country in which the secondary education has been completed;
- Have studied and completed Biology and Chemistry subjects in the secondary school – for those applicants who are interested in the Programmes of Medicine, Dental Medicine and Pharmacy. The average mark in Biology and Chemistry subjects from the Diploma of secondary education to be not less than 62% of the possible maximum of the grading system in the respective country.
- Have studied Biology subject in the secondary school – for those applicants for the Programmes of Nursing and Midwifery of the Faculty of Public Health and the Programmes of Assistant-pharmacist, Public Health Inspector, X-ray Laboratory Assistant, Rehabilitation therapist, Medical Laboratory Assistant, Dental Technician, Medical Cosmetics and Medical Optics. The Biology mark from the Diploma of secondary education must be not less than 62% of the possible maximum of the grading system in the respective country.
- Applicants interested in the programmes taught in English – Medicine, Dental Medicine and pharmacy, must either sit for English Academic Medical test or submit an international English certificate dents from English speaking countries or who have done their high school not required to seat for English test.
Application for admission to dental medicine in Bulgaria
To apply for admission to dental medicine in Bulgaria, the prospective dental medical student must submit the following documents prior to entrance test (for those schools organising the test):
- Application form including brief biographical data, educational history and the courses for which they are applying;
- Diploma (a copy) of completed secondary education (A-levels, Baccalaureate, etc.) with an academic transcript stating the disciplines studied;
- Document issued by relevant authorities, certifying the right to continue education in higher schools and universities in the country of origin of the secondary school attended by the applicant;
- Health certificate issued not earlier than one month prior to application and verified in the county from which the candidate is applying;
- Four 4/5 cm photographes ;
The documents NO2 3 and 4 must be translated into Bulgarian and legalized according to official state directives.
Note that some dental medicine faculties may require other documents (forms or contracts).