BA (Hons) International Hospitality Management is designed to provide a wide array of skills and knowledge, which are necessary for every manager in the field of tourism. It is accredited by the Bulgarian National Evaluation and Accreditation Agency, recognized and accredited by Cardiff Metropolitan University in UK, which provides students with the opportunity to receive two Bachelor Degrees upon successful completion of their studies.
After the successful completion of BA (Hons) International Hospitality Management the student is rewarded a Bulgarian Bachelor Degree and British BA (Hons), UK. The duration of studies is 3 years (6 semesters) in English.
These capabilities provide graduates with excellent career growth opportunities in an international context. They serve as an excellent starting point for students who intend to reach TOP management level in broad aspects of the tourism industry both in Bulgaria and on an International level. The majority of the graduates from this specialty occupy middle and top management positions in multinational tourist organizations working as hotel managers, F&B and Front Office Managers, Senior Administrators, Marketing Managers and many others.
The chief aim of this specialty is the preparation of highly qualified specialists with developed business thinking and excellent knowledge and professional behaviour, which are typical for successful managers: good command of foreign languages, ability to work in a team, ability to communicate effectively, analytical and interpretative skills, planning skills, decision making skills, resourcefulness and flexibility.
The program of BA (Hons) International Hospitality Management include:
- Introduction to hospitality management
- Economics and business environment
- Marketing and business communications
- Foreign Languages – First language – English for business and tourism, Second foreign language – English/German/French/Spanish
- Research and Statistics
- Accounting and Finance
- Introduction to Tourism and Management
- Foreign languages
- Summer Internship I (double module)
- Foreign Languages II: English for academic writing, Other Language (German/French/Spanish)
- Human resource management and Organizational Behavior
- Event management
- Hotel operations management
- Marketing communications and marketing research
- Tour operations, travel agents and passenger transport
- International hotels development and management
- Foreign Languages II
- Summer Internship II (double module)
Fifth and sixth semester:
- Strategic Management for Hospitality, Tourism, Leisure and Events
- International Food and Beverage Management
- Current Issues in Hospitality, Tourism and Events Management
- Diploma or Enterprise project
- Corporate finance
- Electronic Commerce
- Branding, Advertising and Contemporary Consumption
- Advanced Food Hygiene
- Modern Foreign Language, Culture and Society
All students in BA (Hons) International Hospitality Management program have two obligatory internships during their education. These internships last between 6 and 11 weeks and take place in tourist organizations such as high class hotel chains, tour operators and tourist agencies.
Internships are professionally oriented and aim at development of professional working habits and provision of financial support to students.