Who, how and when to apply for Bulgarian student loans? EU/EEA or Swiss student in any Bulgarian accredited university (Undergraduate, Graduate, Postgraduate) are eligible to apply for a student loan.
Who to apply for Bulgarian student loans?
Every EU/EEA or Swiss student admitted in any Bulgarian accredited university (state or private) and who meets simultaneously below requirements can apply for Bulgarian student loans to finance:
- to be citizen of European Union/ European Economic Area or of the Swiss Confederation state;
- to be under 35 years of age;
- to be trained full-time form;
- have not acquired the same educational qualification degree before;
- have not been removed and have not suspended their studies;
Types of Bulgarian student loans:
- Bulgarian student loan for tuition fees;
- Bulgarian student loan for dependents;
Amount of Bulgarian student loan for tuition fees:
The amount of Bulgarian student loan for tuition fees is equal to the fees due for the remaining period of training of the student (whole training period for new students), according to the curriculum of the respective specialty and the educational qualification or educational scientific degree.
How to apply for Bulgarian student loans?
To apply for Bulgarian student loans, the student must get all necessary documentation including enrolment certificate with his details and details of the program he is following. The application must be done to one of state approved Bulgarian financial institutions (banks).
When to apply for Bulgarian student loans?
The application for Bulgarian student loans can be done after the final enrollment into any university or post university education program. A student who has started he study also can apply.
What is the rate of Bulgarian student loans?
- The interest rate is annual, fixed and cannot exceed 7 percentage points;
- The borrower is not obliged to pay the fees, commissions or other expenses, related to the granting and management of the loan;
How Bulgarian tuition fee student loans are used?
- Bulgarian tuition fee student loans is used through money transfers to the bank account of the higher institution University or scientific organization);
- Part of Bulgarian tuition fee student loans (fee paid directly to the university by the student )for the first year of the training is refunded on the account of the borrower within three days, after the submission to the financial institution of a document for the paid fee;
How Bulgarian dependent’s student loans are used?
Bulgarian student loan for dependents is directly transferred to the account of the (student) borrower at the beginning of each semester according to the loan agreement.
When Bulgarian student loans shall be paid back?
- The repayment of Bulgarian student loans starts one month after the expiration of the grace period (one year after graduation), according to the repayment plan, agreed on between the parties.
- The total amount of the loan will be repaid in equal monthly installments during a 10-year period, beginning from the end of the grace period.