Student financial loans in Bulgaria for European (European Union/European Economic Area and Switzerland) Students are two types: student loans for university tuition fee and student loans for maintenance or living costs
European student loans for university tuition fees in Bulgaria
Loan for Tuition Fee Payments, is equal to the fees due for the remaining period of training of the student, according to the curriculum of the respective specialty and the educational qualification or educational degree the student is pursuing.
If the student has received this type of loan, the loan money shall be allotted and utilized through money transfers to the bank account of the higher institution or the scientific organizations at the beginning of each semester according to the loan agreement details.
For the remaining semesters or years of studies, the financial institution deposits the tuition fees directly into the university bank account, without there being any need for the student to be involved.
European student loans for maintenance or living costs in Bulgaria:
Full-time students in higher education in Bulgaria, who have become parents or have adopted a child DURING their studies, can apply for a child dependants’ loan.
The amount of this Loan for dependents is equal to the sum of the semester allowances for the remaining period of training of the borrower. The semester allowance is equal to the minimum salary level, multiplied by the number of months during the semester.
If the student received this type of loan, the loan money shall be received and utilized by transfers to the account of the borrower at the beginning of each semester according to the loan agreement details.
Required documents to apply to Bulgarian student loans:
- copy of an identity document;
- document proving that undergraduate or PhD student, is eligible to enroll or enrolled for the next semester;
- declaration that they have not acquired the same educational qualification degree or educational scientific degree before;
- declaration that they do not have any other loan obligations that have not been paid for more than 6 months;declaration that the undergraduate or PhD student has not received the same loan from another bank;
- declaration of economic connectivity within the meaning of the Credit Institutions Act;
- Other documents, if it is necessary to meet the legal requirements and which are directly related to the loan agreement.