Technical universities in Bulgaria organise studies in Bulgarian, English, French or Germany. Most of technical programs are organised on Bachelor – Master – Doctorate basis system, others follow the system of 5 years plus Doctorate. At successfully completion of 5 year undergraduate studies, the students is awarded by Master degree in the given branch.
Technical study choice in Bulgaria in English is very big: Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical, architecture, Electronic, Telecommunications, Computer Science, Information technologies, civil engineering, etc.
A good number of technical universities in Bulgaria have technical study courses in English.
Technical and vocational universities:
- Technical University Sofia
- Technical University Varna
- Technical University Gabrovo
- University of Forestry
- University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy
- University of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy Sofia
- Agricultural University Plovdiv
- University of Mining and Geology “St. Ivan Rilski”
- “Todor Kableshkov” University of Transport
- University of Food Technologies
- State University of Library Studies and Information Technologies
- College of Telecommunications and Post
- Agricultural College Plovdiv
- Higher School of Civil Engineering (VSU) “Lyuben Karavelov”
- Higher School – “Telematika”College
- College of Tourism – Blagoevgrad
Some of technical universities offer technical undergraduate (Bachelor and Master) programs in English.
List of technical english programs in Bulgaria:
- General Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Systems and Technologies Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechatronic Systems
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering.
- Mathematics and Computer science Engineering
- Telecommunications Engineering
- Information technologies in Transport
- Electronic Engineering
- Aeronautic engineering
- Bachelor of civil engineering
- Bachelor of Applied computer science
- Bachelor of computer systems & networks
- Bachelor of telecommunications
- Bachelor of green energetic
- Master of architecture
- Master in Renovation of buildings and facilities
- Master of earthquake engineering
- Master of Advanced architectural design
- Master of high performance computer systems and technologies
- Master of computer network
- Master of mobile communications
- Master in Solar energetic Management
- Master in Biofuels (Bio fuels).
- Master in Hydrogen technologies
- Master in electromobility (electro mobility)
- Master of wind energetic
Most Bulgarian technical universities organise studies not only in Bulgarian but also in English and some of them in French and Germany. Even if most of technical program are organise on Bachelor – Master – Doctorate basis system, some programmes follow the system of 5 years plus Doctorate. At successfully completion of 5 year undergraduate studies, the students is awarded by Master degree in the given branch.
General Mechanical Engineering
General Mechanical Engineering: Engineer / 5 years (language of instruction – German).
A four-year Bachelor’s degree course. The students are given the opportunity to obtain a German diploma from the University of Karlsruhe. Internships in Germany are envisaged.
Computer Systems and Technologies Engineering
Computer Systems and Technologies (language of instruction – German)
A four-year Bachelor’s degree course. Opportunity for obtaining of a German diploma from the University of Karlsruhe.
Electrical Engineering (language of instruction – French)
A five-year Master’s degree course, accredited by the French Committee on Engineering Science. Upon completion of their third year, students can continue their studies specialising in one of the following fields: Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Automation; Informatics and Communications.
Industrial Engineering (language of instruction – English)
A four-year Bachelor’s degree course. The course was accredited in 1993 by two leading British Engineering institutions: Institution of Mechanical Engineering and Institute of Measurement and Control.
The Faculty of Mechanical Engineering provides training at Bachelor degree level in the specialty of Mechatronic Systems. The Mechanical Engineer from the specialty of Mechatronic Systems can perform research, production, exploitation, servicing and managerial activities in the fields of: Robot Devices and Sophisticated and Micro-mechanical Technology.|
A four-year Bachelor’s degree course. The graduates of this specialty can find jobs in all sectors of industry, including in the sphere of management, marketing, engineering and industrial design in our country and abroad.
Computer Science Engineering
A four-year Bachelor’s degree course by the Faculty of Computer Systems and Control. The graduates of this specialty can find jobs in all sectors of techniques, science, economics, education and etc.
Mathematics and Computer science Engineering
A four-year Bachelor’s degree course. The aim of this course is to provide highly professional background for specialists in regard to their solid fundamental knowledge in the area of Mathematics besides gaining applied-engineer abilities and skills in the field of computer science.
A four-year Bachelor’s degree course at the Faculty of Telecommunications. In the Bachelor degree curriculum there is the opportunity to choose optional disciplines in the spheres of: Radio Communication, Audio- and Video Equipment and Telecommunications.
Information technologies in Transport
A four-year Bachelor’s degree course. Those graduated the major may work as managers, consultants or do research at state or private transport and logistics companies in the field of air, motor or railway transport.
A four-year Bachelor’s degree course at the Faculty of Electronic Engineering and Technologies. The programme comprising 240 ECTS credits in which students are given the skills necessary for analysis and design solutions for a diverse range of engineering problems.
A four-year Bachelor’s degree course at the Faculty of Transport. The graduates of this specialty can find jobs in airports, aeronautics firms, Air traffic services authority, etc.
The knowledge and diplomas acquired in the framework of these specialities give graduates the chance to find employment or continue their education in countries of the EU and the rest of the world
A Master’s degree course lasts for a year and a half after obtaining the Bachelor’s degree. A Master’s degree may be obtained not only on the major that the candidate has a bachelor degree of, but on a different one, thus this education includes one year preparatory master course with main disciplines according to the specialty.
Bachelor of civil engineering
The Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering is a standard 4-year civil engineering program. Civil Engineering program provides a solid foundation for practice in both classical and newly developing areas of civil engineering, including structural analysis and design, engineering materials, geo-technical analysis and design, sustainable built environments, and transportation and logistics. It also provides a solid foundation for graduate studies and a direct transition to the different Master of Engineering programs.
The engineers in the specialty Civil engineering will be prepared for implementing the following activities:
• Building and Exploitation of construction;
• Implementation and Exploitation of building equipment, specialized equipment for the resources of civil engineering works;
• Exploitation and Support the IT for the realization of market investigation in civil engineering;
• IT maintenance for the management of civil engineering objects and projects;
• Providing the quality of realization of construction using the measure and control of parameters of civil engineering activity, as well as the application of IT manipulation and preservation of the information.
Bachelors in Civil engineering are prepared to be realized as:
• technologies and market specialists, experts, technical leader, consulting and managers in state and private company in the field of Civil engineering; public and international institutions;
• leaders during preparation, exploitation and support of buildings and constructions;
• specialists in the field of control, international organizations, consulting companies, commercial companies and teachers in specialized schools of architecture and civil engineering;
Bachelor of Applied computer science
The Bachelor’s degree in Applied Computer Science is a standard 4-year Computer Science program. The program is addressed to students interested in creation of modern software systems and their application in business and science fields.
The training in Applied Computer Science includes up-to-date knowledge in information processes and models, analysis and implementation of information and software technologies, modern methods and systems for software design and implementation, Information services, Internet computing, multimedia applications, project management, etc.
The curriculum includes developing practical skills through course projects at the University and in real-life business projects in leading software companies with access to high performance computer resources, and one semester education in leading European University.
The students acquire additional skills and knowledge for independent research, Internet, multimedia presentations, preparation of scientific projects, team work, participation in video-conferences, and excellent knowledge in English language.
The Bachelors of applied computer science may find professional realisation in specialized computer and software companies, academic and other organizations where they can design, create, evaluate and implement various information technologies and software systems.
At the successful completion of Applied Computer Science bachelor program, the student gets a diploma of Bachelor of Applied Computer Science.
Bachelor of computer systems & networks
The Bachelor’s degree in Computer Systems & Networks is a standard 4-year Computer Systems & Networks program. This Bachelor’s degree in Computer Systems and Networks is directed towards preparation of qualified professionals in computer technology, information technologies and software in their variety and unity.
The coursework helps the students to acquire specialized knowledge and skills in design and production of computer modules and systems, exploitation and maintenance of computer appliances and computerized technological equipment, management in production companies, assembling, production, measurement and exploitation of computer apparatuses, systems, networks, system and applied software, as well as organization, management and control of activities related to the exploitation of computer and computerized equipment.
At the successful completion of Computer Systems and Networks bachelor program, the student gets a diploma of Bachelor of Computer Systems and Networks.
Bachelor of telecommunications
The Bachelor’s degree in Bachelor of Telecommunications is a standard 4-year Telecommunications program. This Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications educates students in communication networks, radio and television systems, communications protocols and management, mobile and multimedia IP telecommunications, intelligent and telecommunication networks, mobile cellular radio networks, Internet information architectures, software methodologies, geographic information systems, etc. |
Upon graduation students can find professional placement in specialized communication companies or in companies, businesses and academic organizations where they design, create, assess and implement various communication systems and train users how to work with them.
At the successful completion of Computer Systems & Networks bachelor program, the student gets a diploma of Bachelor of Telecommunications.
Bachelor of green energetic
The Bachelor’s degree in bachelor of green energetic is a standard 4-year Telecommunications program This Bachelor’s degree in Green Energetic is an engineering course of studies directed towards the green energy and its applications – energy efficiency and alternative sources of energy with low carbon emissions. The speciality objective is the creation of well-educated engineers with opportunities for professional realization in the dynamic and fast-developing area of energetic and in particular of the contemporary energy techniques, Renewable Energy Sources and Energy Efficiency.
The coursework is directed towards research, design and exploitation of energy efficient and ecological systems and equipment. The successful graduates from the bachelor degree Green energetic will be in possession of basic knowledge in the machine-building area, technologies and electrical engineering. They will be able to apply engineering solutions of problematic aspects in the area of the Renewable Energy Sources; to use the appropriate methods of modelling, simulation and optimization by different Renewable Energy Sources.
The following subjects are studied in the beginning of the bachelor course: Mathematics, Physics, Green Chemistry, Basics of Economics, European Values and Culture, Informatics, Electrotechnics, Introduction to construction and CAD systems, Mechanics, Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer, Material Science, European Policies and Standards, Fluid Mechanics, Electrical Machines and operations, Electrical Power Engineering, Electrical Apparatuses and installations, Measurement techniques and Basics of Management in Energetic.
The major subjects of Bachelor in Green Energetic:
• Shallow Geothermal Energetics;
• Solar Heating and Cooling Systems;
• Green buildings;
• Green energy and environment;
• Project of Solar Heating and Cooling Systems;
• Wind Energetics;
• Biomass Energetics;
• Introduction to the Technology of Hydrogen;
• Optimization and energy efficiency;
• Photovoltaic Systems;
• Sustainable Development and Energy Ecology;
• Project of Photovoltaic Systems.
Additional specialized knowledge in the Green Energetics:
• Solar radiation measurement;
• Latent energy storages;
• Ocean energy conversion;
• Piezo actuators and generators;
• Meteorology and climatology.
Students gain practical experience in leading companies, study one semester abroad (in Germany, Italy or Spain) and participate in research projects. Many international professors from Germany, Spain and Canada take part in the educational process.
Graduates are expected to work as constructors, designers, consultants, experts, entrepreneurs, scholars, lecturers, representatives of state and municipal administrations and non-governmental organizations.
At the successful completion of Bachelor of Green Energetics bachelor program, the student gets a diploma of Bachelor of Bachelor of Green Energetics.
Master of architecture
The Master of Architecture is a full five year program. It includes urban planning, territorial and landscape planning, design of buildings and facilities, interiors, maintenance, restoration and conservation of architectural monuments, architectural design, spatial arts, etc.
Students in Master of Architecture are included in special design studios and are competing internally throughout the course of study. Their work is usually rated in specially planned public exhibitions where some of the best Bulgarian architects and many world known international architects are present. Students are expected to make presentations of their work in front of big audiences starting from the first semester. Master of Architecture is based on the idea of architecture as a profession that combines the exact sciences with the very important laws of aesthetics. This combination makes an art out of the architecture.
The Graduate student acquired professional qualification architect Master degree in architecture necessary to have professional knowledge of:
• The methods for displaying spatial objects, with applications in architectural and engineering drafts;
• Principles of abstract art and composition of architectural and artistic composition;
• Ergonomic and anthropological foundations of architectural design;
• Issues related to building physics and architectural engineering practice;
• Energy-efficient design in architecture;
• Properties of building land, building materials and products;
• Basic engineering and cadastral surveying practice;
• Mathematical apparatus used in the basic architectural and engineering disciplines;
• Key knowledge of the mechanics of physical objects and methods of static-dynamic analysis of structures;
• Ecology and harmful environmental effects of various construction activities;
• Modern information technologies and their application in diverse architectural activities;
• History of art and architecture;
• Theory of architecture and architectural design, art in architectural design, aesthetics and synthesis of arts in architectural design;
• Building Construction and architectural structures;
• Buildings installations and their influence on architectural design;
• Methods of designing, different types of buildings;
• Features in the design of residential, public and industrial buildings;
• Urban, landscape and spatial planning;
• Interior Design
• Social aspects of architectural design;
• Economics and economic aspects of architectural design;
• Management in architecture;
• Management in architecture and architectural profession;
Master in Renovation of buildings and facilities
This Master’s program in Renovation of buildings and facilities is designed for graduated civil engineers to extend their knowledge in the area of reconstruction and modernization of building and facilities. Reconstruction and modernization are considered in the context of durability, reliability and improved operating parameters of the microclimate for energy efficiency.
The educational aim of the program Renovation of buildings and facilities is to expand and enrich the theoretical knowledge of the students during the period of studying so that to enable realization of graduates in a wide range of activities in the field of construction and acquisition of specialized knowledge and skills in the field of renovation reconstruction and modernization of buildings and facilities.
For education in Master Degree of Renovation of buildings and facilities may apply persons who hold a university degree with of Bachelor or Master of the professional field Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy.
Graduates masters in Renovation of buildings and facilities receive a diploma in Graduates master of Renovation of buildings and facilities programme and are prepared to work as:
• Structural designer of buildings and facilities which are objects of renovation, reconstruction and modernization;
• Consultants, technical experts and managers of activities related to the renovation of buildings and facilities;
• Professionals monitoring bodies, specialists in international organizations at the field of construction and consulting firms.
Master of earthquake engineering
This Master of earthquake engineering program aims at enhancing and deepening civil engineers qualification in the field of anti-seismic security of buildings and facilities during their design and implementation.
Taking special measures during the design of the buildings and facilities against seismic activities is related to one of the main requirements to investment projects: securing people’s health and life.
The program trains specialists in the areas of geophysical and earthquake engineering who are capable of evaluating, predicting and reducing the risk of earthquakes.
The training includes courses in a wide range areas related to structural analysis and design, geomechanics, risk management. Areas of study are focused on computational mechanics, integration of construction projects, analysis of reliability and risk mitigation, monitoring the behaviour of building systems engineering informatics and environmental aspects of seismic risk.
The graduates in Earthquake Engineering master program get a diploma of Master of earthquake engineering and can work as:
• Specialists, consulting engineers in private or public organizations, researchers and members of the academic community in the field of design in seismic areas;
• Designers, technologists, marketing specialists, experts, technical managers, consultants and managers in public and private companies, trade associations, public and international institutions;
• Heads for repair and reconstruction, amplification and recovery, safe operation and technological support of building systems;
• Professionals control of the quality of construction, international organizations in the development of codes, standards and guidelines, as well as in consulting firms;
Master of Advanced architectural design
The course of Master of Advanced architectural design includes methods of architectural design, specificities of their implementation and latest achievements in the design of public and residential buildings, in the field of building materials and their new applications.
Architects acquire practical skills in implementation of these methods in real complex architectural practice and improvement of architectural design of large complex architectural objects through real design.
The course also includes some of the latest achievements in the design of public and residential buildings, in the field of building materials and their new applications.
Architects graduated in advanced architectural design are prepared to perform the following activities:
• Design of large and complex architectural projects;
• Survey introduction to recent developments in this area;
• Introducing and practicing new methods of architectural design;
• observing developments in energy saving in architectural objects;
• Overall improvement of skills for quality architectural design;
• Improve their knowledge to use the latest CAD systems for architectural design;
• Update their knowledge in the field of law, architecture, construction;
Master of software technologies
The course of Master of Software Technologies is for students interested in software means, techniques and methods for successful development of Internet-based systems applicable to various fields of the modern information society.
Master of Software Technologies is designed for students with a Bachelor degree on Applied Computer Science or similar programs, higher education recognized in EU and English language proficiency.
The curriculum includes a wide range of electives that help the students define individually their narrow specialization. To acquire practical skill set and team work in problem solving the students participate in extensive course projects.
The Master’s program is completed with a final comprehensive examination or a diploma thesis.
The graduates of the Master of Software Technologies program acquire highly specialized knowledge and practical skills in informatics, software and information technologies and the use of global communication networks and Internet.
At the end of the course of Master of Software Technologies, the successful students receive the diploma of Master of Software Technologies and are prepared to develop and use modern information systems in various fields of information society. Master’s graduates can continue their education in Doctoral programs in Informatics and Computer Sciences.
Master of high performance computer systems and technologies
The course of Master of high performance computer systems and technologies is designed for students interested in getting knowledge and practical skills in the field of modern technologies, concerning high performance systems and their applications. Cloud Computing, SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), Modern Network Architecture, Business Process Management are among the main topics of the program, taught by highly competent lecturers.
To apply for Master for the Master of high performance computer systems and technologies, student must have Bachelor degree in applied Computer Science or similar programs, higher education recognized in EU with good command of English (language proficiency).
Master of high performance computer systems and technology students has access for practical exercises to IBM modern systems and resources. The curriculum includes a wide range of electives that help the students define individually their narrow specialization. To acquire practical skill set and team work in problem solving, the students participate in extensive course projects.
Master’s graduates can continue their education in Doctoral programs of Informatics and Computer Sciences.
Master of computer network
The Master program in Computer Networks educates the students in solving engineering problems in scientific and research work, adaptation through self-education to the dynamically developing technologies, in mobility on national and international level.
To apply for Master for the Master of high performance computer systems and technologies, student must have Bachelor degree in Bachelor degree on Computer Systems and Networks or similar programs, higher education recognized in EU and a good command of English (language proficiency).
The training is distinguished through individual approach and style of training. Mastering of new ideas and approaches is combined with creative application in development, investigation, design and construction.
The individualized training helps the students meet the future need for personnel in the IT industry.
Master of mobile communications
The course of Master’s degree in mobile communications includes broadband mobile communications, mobile IP telecommunications, Internet information architectures, software methodologies for convergent networks, multimedia IP communications, radio and television systems and networks, etc.
To apply for Master for the Master of mobile communications, student must have Bachelor degree on Telecommunications or similar programs, higher education recognized in EU and a good command of English (language proficiency).
The course of Master’s degree in Mobile Communications educates the students in main computer equipment and technologies related to mobile communications. They acquire know-how and capabilities for continuously improving their knowledge to meet the up-to-date state of the wireless mobile communication networks and systems.
The optional modules are open for introduction of new academic subjects to meet the dynamics of the world market needs. The lectures in the program include eminent scholars and professionals in mobile communications and acknowledged international scholars.
Master in Solar energetic Management
The Master in management of Solar Energetic objective is the creation of specialists to avail themselves of innovation in the field of modern technologies in solar energetics and to implement the concept of sustainable development for science research and practical business purposes.
To apply for Master for the Master-manager in Solar Energetics, student must have Bachelor degree in Bachelor degree in engineering speciality, economic speciality, Green Energetics or related speciality, higher education recognized in EU and a good command of English.
Students, graduated from other field than Green Energetics will have to complete several additional courses within first two semesters (on Master program leader assessment and depending on student’s engineering profile). Those are 8-10 courses, giving base preparation in the field of solar and renewable energy sources.
• Heat energy accumulation;
• Electronic energy converters;
• Sun tracking systems;
• Photo-chemical panels;
• Solar automation;
• Combined PV/T panels;
• Monitoring of solar systems;
• Modelling and simulation of solar systems;
• Concentrator solar panels and collectors.
The methods and means of mathematical modelling of solar energy yield systems are considered in depth too. Thus a concept of the engineer on the basic subjects in the field of the solar energetics and innovation methods for their management is created.
Elective subjects for additional specialized knowledge in the desired field:
• Solar systems for water distillation;
• Certification of the solar system components;
• Autonomous (small) PV systems;
• Passive buildings;
• Domestic systems for solar energy utilization;
• Energy infrastructure design in solar fields.
The graduates from the master degree Solar Energetics get Master-manager in Solar Energetics diploma and are needed experts in a very well-paid branch. They can realize themselves as professionals in various fields of energetics (and in particular in the sphere of the Renewable Energy Sources and the Energy Efficiency) as designers and constructors of electrical energy systems, designers and constructors of heat energy or combined PV/T systems, scientists and lecturers, representatives at state and municipal administrations and at non-governmental organizations and as private entrepreneurs.
Master in Biofuels
The Master in Biofuels engineering is designed to study the basic processes for the preparation of the biomass into fuels and the related knowledge for the engineering of the processes. The concentration is on the conversion of the biomass in biodiesel, ethanol and other alcohols. There is connection with the combination of biomass for the production of hydrogen and contemporary methods for conversion of biomass in useful products.
To apply for Master in Biofuels engineering, student must have Bachelor degree in Bachelor degree in engineering speciality, Green Energetics or related speciality, higher education recognized in EU and a good command of English.
The objective of the course is to well-educated specialists in the area of innovation in BIOFUELS, who will implement their experience for practical business purposes.
Main engineering subjects in Biofuels Master programme:
• Biomass and alternate fuel systems;
• Biomass for energy, industry and environment;
• Biofuels from Biomass: bioethanol, biodiesel, bio-oil, biogas, biohydro gen, sugar from biomass, Fisher-Tropsch liquids;
• Biodiesel from Biomass;
• Biodiesel from Vegetable Oils;
• Biomass to Biofuels: Strategies for Global Industries;
• Biofuels from Microalgae and Seaweeds;
• Conversion of Biomass to Ethanol by Other Organisms;
• Improvements in Corn to Ethanol Production Technology;
• Characteristics of Biofuels and Renewable Fuel Standards.
Master in Hydrogen technologies
Master-engineer in Hydrogen technologies is for future specialists in the area of innovation in hydrogen technologies, who will implement their experience for practical business purposes.
The course emphasized on the hydrogen cycle included transformation of solar energy in electricity – photolysis of water in hydrogen and oxygen-storage of hydrogen for using. Objects are basic parameters of hydrogen cells and different modifications of fuel cells. The students will gain information for the technologic, technical, ecological and economic aspects of hydrogen energetics as well as for the legislation and standards related to the hydrogen technologies.
To apply for Master-engineer in Hydrogen technologies, student must have Bachelor degree in engineering speciality, Green Energetics or related speciality etc, Green Energetics or related speciality, higher education recognized in EU and a good command of English.
Main engineering subjects for Master in Hydrogen technologies:
• Technologies for hydrogen production;
• Hydrogen engineering (production, storage, distribution, safety);
• Hydrogen Fuel Cell Technology;
• Project theme: Modelling and optimisation of fuel cell systems;
• Introduction to Fuel Cells: – Status and applications of fuel cell technology;
• Basic Thermodynamics and System Analysis for Fuel Cells;
• Fuel cell hybrid electric vehicles;
• Proton exchange membrane (PEM) fuel cell;
• Engineering Photosynthesis for H2 Production from H2O;
• Hybrid Systems.
Elective subjects for additional specialized knowledge in the desired field:
• Fuel Cell Basics and Types;
• Fueling the Hydrogen Fuel cell;
• Hydrogen safety threats, principles of mitigation, regulations, standards;
• Competing technologies & the market place;
• Hydrogen Storage Technologies;
• High Temperature Proton Exchange Fuel Cells: Materials, Experiences, Challenges;
• Hybrid Systems;
• Solar power, fuel cells, and the hydrogen economy;
• Environmental Aspects of Hydrogen Energy;
The graduates get a Master degree in engineer in Hydrogen technologies and is able to work as constructors, designers, consultants, experts, entrepreneurs, scholars, lecturers, representatives of state and municipal administrations and non-governmental organizations. They will thus meet the challenge of a constantly changing economic situation and set themselves the ambitious task to make the energy cheaper, safety, ecological and at the same time energy-efficient and sustainable.
Master of renewable energy management
Master of Science in Renewable Energy Management course is designed for futures specialists in the area of innovation in renewable energy, who will implement the concept of sustainable development for practical business purposes.
The main goal of the Renewable Energy Management course is teaching practical skills, achieved by work on practical and applied themes of projects and during the elaboration of the master thesis. The graduates will gain thorough knowledge in the field of renewable energy sources and innovation management.
To apply for Master of Science in Renewable Energy Management, student must have Bachelor degree in engineering speciality, economic speciality, Green Energetics or related speciality, higher education recognized in EU and a good command of English.
The student in Science in Renewable Energy Management Master has 2 optional master courses:
• for graduated economists : it contains three engineering and two economic subjects per semester;
• for graduated engineers: it contains two engineering and three economic subjects per semester:
Main economic subjects in Renewable Energy Management master Programme:
• innovation management;
• strategic plans and programs for renewable energy;
• risk management and electronic project management.
Main engineering subjects in Renewable Energy Management master Programme:
• solar heating and cooling systems;
• photovoltaic systems;
• wind energetics.
Elective subjects for graduated economists:
• Wind energetics,
• Solar radiation measurement,
• Biomass energetics,
• Geothermal energetic
• Introduction to hydrogen technologies.
Elective disciplines for graduated engineers:
• Finance management;
• management of the change;
• marketing study;
• human resources management;
• organizing behaviour;
• business strategy.
The graduates get a Master of Science in Renewable Energy Management and find professional realization in various fields of energy production and in particular in the sphere of renewable energy sources and energy efficiency as designers, advisers, experts, scientists, lecturers and entrepreneur
Master in electromobility (electro mobility)
The course of Master in electromobility is designed to forms highly qualified specialists with the opportunity of professional realization in a relatively new, dynamic and perspective field of the energetics and transportation (electromobility).
Master in electromobility is an ecological speciality, which refers to priority areas of energy production and transport-energy efficiency and electrical transport with reduced harmful emissions towards sustainable development. The education is directed towards study, design and exploitation of energy efficient and ecologically friendly electrical transportation vehicles and systems.
To apply for Master in electromobility, student must have BSc in polytechnics or engineering speciality, higher education recognized in EU and a good command of English.
The students, graduated from non Green Energetics must to complete several additional courses within first two semesters (on Master program leader assessment and depending on student’s engineering profile). Those are 8-10 courses, giving base preparation in field of the electrical transport from the bachelor course Green energetics
The course covers:
• modern electrical transportation;
• electrical buses;
• traction actuators;
• energy saving technologies;
• specific parts of the contemporary electronics;
• microprocessing techniques and programming for the needs of the electrical transport.
A special accent of the course is the orientation towards development and realization of projects. The project content is to be worked out with the participation of leading representatives from the electrical energetics, transportation, crafts, administration and government. Thus, the students will have the opportunity to gain practical experience and skills in the mentioned areas starting from the initial years of their studies.
The student practice is to be realized in several directions: practical training during the laboratory exercises; preparation of 2 course projects; company practicum during the third semester, connected with the thesis preparation.
The successfully graduate students get a Master-engineer in Electromobility degree and they can realize themselves as professionals in various fields of the electrical energetics as: designers and constructors of electrical transportation vehicles and systems, advisers on electromobilty and energy efficiency and as experts in adviser companies, scientists and lecturers at educational institutions, representatives at state and municipal administrations and at non-governmental organizations, private enterprises and companies, etc.
Master of wind energetics
The course’s objective is to prepare specialists in the field of innovative modern technologies in wind energetics and implement the concept of sustainable development for science research and practical business purposes.
The main goal of the Wind Energetics program is to educate the students for gaining practical skills during the course through working on various projects and preparation of the master thesis on practically applicable themes.
To apply for Master in Wind Energetics, student must have BSc in polytechnics or engineering, higher education recognized in EU and a good command of English.
THe Wind Energetics master Programme includes a comprehensive training in the field of the design, building and operation of wind-power electrical systems, acquires a research based competence in the wind energy area, acquires knowledge of fundamental theories and methods used in the subject, attains theoretical and practical skills required for wind turbine planning and design, develops technical skills related to the design, analysis, specification and evaluation of complex wind turbine projects.
Main subjects in Wind Energetics master Programme:
• Wind generators;
• Computational fluid dynamics and dynamics of structures;
• Wind turbine design;
• Electric machines in wind energy conversion;
• Wind electric generation schemes;
• Management system of wind energy supplier;
• Monitoring, control and diagnostic of wind generator;
• Experimental methods for data measurement;
• Results treatment and errors reduction;
• Environmental impacts of wind technology;
• Ecological requirements related to wind generators construction;
• European legislation.
Elective disciplines for graduated engineers:
• Measurement and certification;
• Wind resources and loads on wind turbines;
• Introduction to numerical modeling of wind turbine structures;
• Optimization methods;
• Aeroelastic design of wind turbines;
• Design and manufacturing of wind turbine rotor blades;
• Composite materials for wind turbine rotor blades;
• Wind power farm design-regulatory documents and optimization.
The graduates from Wind Energetics master program get a Master-engineer in Wind energetics degrre and they can realize themselves as professionals in various fields of energetics (and in particular in the area of the Renewable Energy Sources and the Energy Efficiency) as: designers and constructors of electrical energy systems; scientists and lecturers; representatives at state and municipal administrations and at non-governmental organizations; leaders of wind management platforms or wind farms; private entrepreneurs, etc.